ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Chief Estimator for our office in Vancouver, BC.
Lead the estimating team in bid submissions for infrastructure projects (over $1B) taking full responsibility for the estimating process delivering a successful bid. Propose estimating strategy and provide hands-on management of technical and tendering personnel during the bid phase of projects. Provide and in-depth analysis and reporting of estimate and allowances.
• Build up of direct and indirect cost estimate for major projects.
• Prepare lump sum tenders, tender summary sheets and cash flows.
• Review and manage design deliverables from consultants.
• Liaise with and manage subcontractors and suppliers.
• Review subcontracts to ensure compliance with ACCIONA operational and technical requirements.
• Provide assessment of estimating accuracy and prepare relevant analyses.
• Prepare estimates from first principles.
• Competence with estimating software package.
• Provide direction and support to operational/technical staff and subcontract partners.
• Devise and implement sound operational and technical controls on project bids.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
• Excellent technical, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
• Team leader with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with well developed communication and negotiation skills.
• The ability to assist in determining bid strategies.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a project management or lead estimator role on large infrastructure projects.
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education.
• Experience in creating a complete bid price using Estimating software.
• Experience in creating preliminary construction schedules.
• Experience in working in multi-party joint venture environment.
• Experience in working on bids with values in excess of $300M.
• Experience utilizing computerized estimating systems.
• Experience as a project or construction manager on large infrastructure projects a definite asset.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.