Reporting to the Senior Manager, Engineering and located in the Melbourne office, the purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and leadership to Acciona Energy Australia in the area of wind engineering. The wind engineering function provides inhouse technical services to Acciona’s Project Development and Engineering & Construction teams.
• Manage a small team of wind engineers to deliver quality, on time and innovative solutions.
• Undertake wind farm energy resource assessments.
• Contribute to Data Analysis and QA.
• Provide technical and project management inputs to the work of the Engineering & Construction Department.
• Contribute to the Acciona renewable energy site prospecting process.
• Assist with wind monitoring activities including downloading of monitoring station data, fault diagnosis and monitoring station condition monitoring.
• Assist with Wind Farm Operational Services including turbine Power Performance Testing, turbine availability assessment, wind farm performance assessment and procedure verification.
• Relevant Degree in Engineering or Science.
• Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel and experience with other MS packages.
• Strong working knowledge of wind farm analysis software including Openwind, CFD and WindPro.
• Strong working knowledge of GIS and CAD software including ESRI, ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience working in a comparable technical role.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and capabilities.
• Strong technical report writing.
• Current Australian driver’s license.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel both interstate and overseas, as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.