ACCIONA is looking for a new Plant Manager for its water business projects. The responsibilities of this role are the following:
- Ensure compliance with all contractual and statutory requirements in the following areas: WHS, water quality, security, environment, asset management and production.
- Coordinate recruitment, training and development of employees.
- Meet Quality Water and other external stakeholder expectations.
- Be accountable to the project joint venture Management Committee and Board of Directors, and be ultimately responsible for the leadership of the operation and maintenance team.
- Undertake duties associated with being a member of the Management Committee, incl. but not limited to: budget preparation, reviews and approvals; review of company policies and management plans and procedures and participation in Board meetings.
- Liaise with ACCIONA Top Management to seek technical assistance as required and collaborate in providing operational feedback for the design of new plants.
- Ensure that safe systems of work are implemented and followed at all times by the operation and maintenance team, Sub-contractors and any other personnel on site.
- Comply with all WHS statutory requirements
- Comply with the ACCIONA WHS policies, procedures and safe work instructions as applicable.
- Participate in consultation and communication of WHS matters with the operation and maintenance team.
Key Result Areas
- Plant performance as measured by CAPWWater’s as well as internal KPIs
- Budget and forecasted financial outcomes
The profile that we’re looking for would be:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical, Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Circa 15 years experience in the water industry
- Circa 10 years experience in operation and maintenance of Water plants(WTP or Desalination)
- Familiar with water processes
- Strong communication skills in English , incl. reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Able to prioritise and work autonomously on tasks
- Able to manage a team and motivate them to meet project goals
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.