Reporting to ACCIONA Energy’s General Counsel and working alongside a Senior Legal Counsel, this varied role is responsible for the provision of high quality legal advice and services to all functions of ACCIONA Energy. The position is based in Melbourne. Responsibilities include:
• Advising, reviewing, negotiating and drafting a broad range of agreements of varying sizes and risk.
• Liaising with international and domestic stakeholders, including our Spanish parent company, other international ACCIONA Group companies, financiers and government departments, on a range of issues and projects.
• Drafting and negotiating works, services and supply contracts.
• Drafting and negotiating typical corporate contracts such as confidentiality agreements.
• Ensuring ACCIONA Energy’s compliance with its legal obligations.
• Presenting to internal and external parties on legal matters and the provision of in-house training.
• Developing and drafting standard legal documentation for use by ACCIONA Energy staff.
• Assisting in the preparation of a monthly report on legal activities.
• Bring to the attention of Senior Legal Counsel and General Counsel issues that require escalation.
• Developing precedent documentation and other legal resources.
• Continued development of policies and procedures within ACCIONA Energy.
To succeed in this position you will have the following profile:-
• Current Victorian practising certificate.
• Previous experience (min 2-3 years) in providing legal advice on front-end construction law issues including drafting and negotiating works, services and supply contracts.
• Previous experience in negotiating Power Purchase Agreements preferred.
• Previous experience providing legal advice in relation to construction disputes preferred.
• Previous experience in negotiating typical corporate agreements such as confidentiality agreements preferred.
• Previous experience in using legal skills to achieve commercial outcomes.
ACCIONA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes equality and diversity. Indigenous Australian and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.