John Beever is a leading Australian mechanical engineering company providing construction, maintenance and industrial services to the manufacturing, resources, complex infrastructure and industrial sectors. In May 2017 John Beever (Aust.) Pty Limited (JBA) was integrated into the ACCIONA group of companies, which represents a network of expertise and experience covering 5 continents and over 30,000 employees.
Due to planned internal growth and a large project portfolio John Beever (AUST.) Pty Ltd (JBA) is looking for an additional Legal Counsel to provide high quality, coordinated, strategic and proactive legal advice and contract support to the JBA team.
Primarily reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will also work closely with JBA’s Managing Director and General Manager and the broader group of senior team members (Business Development Manager, Commercial Manager and Project Managers). An energetic and flexible professional, you will currently be admitted as a lawyer and eligible to practice in Victoria, have experience in construction/engineering and/or infrastructure and, ideally, have in house legal and/or commercial or contract administration experience.
- Reviewing, negotiating, drafting and advising on a broad range of agreements of varying sizes and risk, across both the corporate and commercial sides of JBA
- Advising on legal business matters, risk management and mitigation
- Working in a global organisation with a Spanish parent company, and a growing business in Australia and South East Asia by employing flexibility, innovation and cultural awareness.
You will have a high level of attention to detail and be capable of exacting standards, but you will appreciate the importance of identifying what matters and what doesn’t. You will also be system oriented and see the importance of managing processes and integrating tasks between business divisions.
You will also have:
- Exceptional communication skills, in particular, the ability to explain complex concepts in an accessible manner to a variety of audiences and persuade adversaries (both internal and external)
- The ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- A strong work ethic and capacity to meet deadlines
- You will 'own' a task but you aren’t afraid to ask questions
- The confidence to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to deal with challenges presented by working in a fast growing business in Australia.
At JBA, we offer a competitive salary and salary packaging, solid support and training and a dedicated team working on a diverse and exciting range of projects. If you think you meet the above criteria, we encourage you to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.