The Project HSE Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, ongoing management and delivery of the project health, safety and environment control procedures and plan. By engaging positively with site personnel, the HSE Coordinator ensures that all project activities are conducted in accordance with regulatory, corporate and project requirements. This role is a hands-on site-based role, located at the Mortlake South Wind Farm site in South Western Victoria. It is a 6-month contract initially.
• Support the ongoing development and implementation of the project health, safety and environment plans and systems;
• Support incident investigation and management activities;
• Prepare, review and maintain appropriately structured project HSE documentation an registers;
• Monitor the HSE activities of the project team to ensure appropriate management and supervision is present and objectives are achieved;
• Support the review of compliance with contractor and subcontractor HSE plans and systems and review their HSE documentation;
• Support internal and external audits;
• Be involved in project specific forums including HSE tool box, prestart and HS Coordination meetings;
• Engage with head office to update on project progress and align implementation initiatives.
This role will suit a self-motivated HSE professional who is passionate about renewable energy and thrives in construction environments. Your profile will look something like this:-
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as a HSE professional working in a similar civil/structural site-based construction role.
• Certificate IV qualification in HSE preferred. Ideally hold additional qualifications and/or experience in high risk and other safety related activities e.g. HV, Work at Heights, First Aid, confined space etc;
• Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment.
• Experience engaging effectively with strong-minded subcontractors;
• Able to use initiative and solve problems through analytical thinking.
• Experience using Integrated Management Systems.
• Current driver’s licence. Flexibility to travel as required.
Benefits at ACCIONA
Benefits of working at ACCIONA include working within a friendly team in a dynamic business with a commitment to sustainability. We’re offering an attractive salary package and, if you need to move away from home to take up this position, you will be offered generous site allowances and free housing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.