ACCIONA is looking to hire a Lead Planner for the North Shore Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Lead Planner shall operate as an integral member of the Project Team. He/she shall be responsible for project planning and scheduling functions as well as the analysis of resource loading, functional integration, forecast and trend analysis on major EPC projects. Shall supervise outside consultants, assign work, organize and direct the timely completion of complex project planning reports, claims support as well as other oral or written materials, for dissemination to project management team and others as required. Coordinate activities with all packages, other divisions/departments.
• Plan, coordinate, develop and maintain project Level 1/2/3 schedules.
• Operate as an integral member of the team with complete responsibility for project planning, resource analysis, and functional integration, forecast and trend analysis.
• Provide expert program/project schedule analysis and fact finding such as critiquing claims and delays.
• Perform critical path analysis, events chronology and recommend corrective measures.
• Work closely with project management team to prepare and defend claims.
• Demonstrate and defend delays occurring as a result of disruption/loss of efficiency.
• Interfacing on a daily basis with project team, sub-contractors, designers and project management team.
• Reviewing for compliance all reports prepared by the sub-consultants/contractors.
• Perform risk assessment and provide value engineering input.
• Perform and report on Schedule and Cost performance indexing, SPI & CPI
• Develop the Work Breakdown Structure.
• Develop Project Milestones and Progress tracking baselines.
• Maintain strict adherence to project management and corporate procedures.
• Perform analysis of schedule data so as to communicate trends, issues, and areas requiring attention to the project team.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports, including schedule updates and forecast.
• Supervise and develop department staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of EPC Industrial Projects/Plants, including planning, permitting, design, procurement, and construction.
• Ability to independently, with no or minimal supervision, develop a fully Detailed EPC Time Schedule Baseline on Primavera P6.
• Understanding of the different aspects of EPC projects, and ability to interact with other departments to find the information needed for project planning, monitoring, and control.
• Demonstrated understanding of EPC project critical path, and ability to produce a schedule with a realistic and practical critical path.
• Extensive knowledge of Time Schedule Maintenance and Updates, including variance analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize creativity and innovation in problem solving and strategic planning.
• Understanding of the work details and ability to coordinate/analyze the project team daily activities, and advise project management and team of any necessary preventive and/or corrective.
• Ability to track prerequisites of different works, to plan/arrange clearing the prerequisites early enough to meet the project deadlines.
• Ability to work under pressure with deadlines and changing priorities in dynamic, political environment.
• Demonstrated initiative, judgment and decision-making capabilities.
• Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
• The successful candidate will possess an engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
• Will have proven experience in planning management of major infrastructure projects.
• Must have 7-12 years of experience with at least 5-7 years’ experience in each of the following areas:
o Experience with a major international infrastructure contractor executing projects valued at over $100M.
o Experience in working in multi-national joint venture environment.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.