Established in 1972, Coleman Rail, part of the ACCIONA Geotech group of companies, is a specialist rail infrastructure contractor experienced in delivering both light and heavy rail construction and maintenance projects across brownfield and greenfield environments.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Project Director is responsible for leading and managing project delivery teams in the range of operations controlled by this position, providing leadership to ensure they drive the successful execution of forecasts while meeting contract objectives.
The Project Director is accountable for the Health and Safety performance of the project and for reviewing the planning, procurement and delivery strategies to identify additional opportunities for process/systems efficiencies and ensure achievement of optimal integration of design and construction disciplines is achieved. As the successful candidate you will help to minimize cost and implementation risks, and provide the required liaison, documentation and everyday management of projects, while ensuring that all project products and services are risk managed, budgeted effectively and delivered in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Bid Development
- Tender Phase: Undertaking the role of Bid Leader, including preparation of tender offer and securing relevant corporate approvals.
- Play an active business development role with clients and work diligently to strengthen and broaden existing client relationships.
- Project Delivery
- Responsible for appointing, leading and managing the Project Delivery Team.
- Establish and monitor the safe, smooth, timely and cost-effective delivery of the project across all functions.
- Create and maintain clear, consistent communication and reporting lines from senior managers and the Project Leadership Team to the client and other key stakeholder representatives.
- Development of the project’s delivery strategy, program and occupation regime to facilitate the required scope of construction activities with minimal disruption to services and commuters.
- Ensure all activities are performed in compliance with the requirements of the design, specifications and contract.
- The Project Director will be responsible for providing leadership across a range of disciplines critical to project delivery. These include but not limited to:
- Health, Safety and Environment
Oversee HSE across the Project and establish a safety charter and culture and leading compliance with all state and federal legislation and regulations related to HSE.
- People and Behaviour
Positively drive, influence and shape the Project culture to ensure a supportive, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
Establish Project Budget and manage construction budgets to allow accurate profit/loss forecasting.
Identify and manage exposure to risk by managing contractual negotiations with clients and stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement
Ensure safety, time, disruptions, stakeholders, sustainability & environment KRA’s are achieved, Review performance to identify efficiencies.
- Analyse specifications, plans and related technical data to determine time, cost and labour requirements for project construction budgets.
- Perform post-project reviews (Project Closure) to assess project performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Attend regular Group Engineering Resources meetings, amongst other key meetings.
- Assist Engineers in the financial aspects of Project Management, helping them prepare, review workbooks and finalise monthly forecast packages.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- 15+ years’ rail industry related experience as a Project Director/Construction Manager in engineering disciplines with exposure to civil construction
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience
- Experience in Alliance contracting models
- Experience in leading the management of infrastructure project tenders/bids from planning through to contract award, with multiple forms of contracting such as Alliances
- Constant alertness to project risks and opportunities, including proactive intervention where required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate with all levels of staff including internal and external stakeholders and subcontractors
Experience with working in a multi-cultural environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia.
Applications via Recruiters will not be accepted.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.