Established in 1972, Coleman Rail, part of the ACCIONA Geotech group of companies, is a leading rail and infrastructure contractor in Australia.
Coleman Rail is looking for a Surveillance Coordinator to join our business based here in Melbourne. The role will be supporting the Southern Program Alliance project as part of the wider project team and will support the delivery of level crossing removals along the Frankston corridor for the Victorian Government and the Level Crossing Removal Project. The Southern Program Alliance (SPA) comprises Acciona Coleman Rail, LendLease, WSP and Metro Trains Melbourne to remove 18 dangerous and congested level crossings along the Frankston line.
Reporting to the Surveillance Manager your role will assist in the interpretation of the design intent and construction stage services. Utilising your projects experience you can perform surveillance, where suited, or ensure appropriate surveillance is untaken, by others, of onsite work activities and offsite supply. Liaising with all functional areas to resolve issues and problems.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Assist in the preparation of and review of construction planning documentation
- Quality management and reporting activities including project surveillance, auditing, lot management, stakeholder inspections, defect rectification and completion & handover
- Understanding requirements and expectations. Elevate the awareness and importance of meeting requirements. Report when a requirement is not met
- Liaise with subcontractor / supplier / consultant and review quality documentation to ensure contractual requirements are planned and met
- Ensure inspection requirements and the coordinating of equipment inspections sourced from offsite subcontractors / suppliers are satisfied prior to delivery.
As the preferred candidate for this role you can ensure that procurement of offsite product is being manufactured and supplied, and onsite construction is being delivered, ‘right the first time’ in accordance with the design intent. You have the ability to coordinate and perform construction surveillance activities and quality risk to ensure quality control and assurance of planning and construction of the works.
A desirable tertiary qualification in civil/structural engineering and a number of years’ experience supporting completed infrastructure projects in civil or rail will put your application on top. Strong knowledge in Risk Management and Audit Management Principles and related industry inductions, training and certificates are required. Your strong written and verbal communication skills and willingness to learn will encourage growth.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia.
Applications via Recruiters will not be accepted.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.