The Project HSE Manager is responsible for ongoing management and delivery of health, safety and environment control procedures and plans, ensuring that all project activities are conducted in line with regulatory, corporate and project requirements. Reporting to the Project Director, the role is based at the Mortlake South Wind Farm construction site, which is near Warrnambool, Victoria. It is a fixed term contract running through to September 2020.
• Responsible for the implementation of the project health and safety plan and the project environmental plan throughout execution;
• Positively influence contractors' and subcontractors' HSE performance and behaviours; whilst overseeing compliance of their HSE plans, systems and documentation;
• Lead project specific forums including HSE tool box, prestart and HSE Coordination meetings;
• Monitor the HSE activities of direct reports and the wider project team to ensure objectives are achieved;
• Manage and plan for internal and external audits;
• Lead incident investigations and risk management items specific to HSE outcomes;
• Ensure that the appropriate set of HSE documents and records is maintained;
• Engage with Project Director and head office to update on project progress and align implementation initiatives.
- Relevant experience as a HSE Manager working in the construction industry, preferably with experience on Wind Farm sites.
- Tertiary qualification in Health & Safety or a relevent discipline.
- Demonstrated capacity to positively influence outcomes with contractors and subcontractors.
- Proven leadership skills managing team members.
- Knowledge of applicable local legislation, standards and regulations.
- Capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record. Flexibility to travel as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.