ACCIONA Geotech is one of the world’s foremost business corporations and a leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services.
Geotechnical Engineering is a provider of specialist ground engineering services across a broad range of civil engineering and infrastructure projects. Part of the ACCIONA group of companies, Geotechnical Engineering enjoys the position as one of Australia’s most respected and diverse engineering and construction companies.
As our business continues on a path of planned and measured growth, we are looking for a suitably experienced Senior Design Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Design & Estimating Manager and will be predominantly responsible for;
- Providing quality, consistent and financially responsible estimates
- Proactive education and technical training of our junior engineers
- Assessment of adequacy of as-built projects and data.
Our dynamic team is looking for someone who has the experience to develop designs and to understand and problem solve the constructability constraints. This role is far more detailed than being able to develop load calculations! Essentially, we are looking for someone who is able to join a major project and drive design from our perspective.
The key competencies for this position are:
- Constant alertness to design risks and opportunities, including proactive intervention and/or escalation where required
- The ability to use AutoCAD and pile design software (Piglet V.5 and Repute V.2) for single pile and pile group analysis
- Retaining wall analysis programs (Wallap V.6, Plaxis V.7, V.8/AE) and structural design software COLDES
- Proven teamwork skills, with the ability to work autonomously with initiative
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Proficient in developing MS Excel spreadsheets for geotechnical and structural design calculations
- Working knowledge of AS, BS, EN, ASTM, MS and ISO codes and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey information clearly.
To be successful in your application for this role you have a relevant Engineering Degree supporting your many years’ experience as a Design Engineer (preferably with a contractor/ consultancy in engineering disciplines). You must have piling, civil and geotechnical-related works and experience with Pile PDA & Integrity Testing & Analysis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applications via Recruiters will not be accepted.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.