ACCIONA is looking to hire an IT Systems/Desktop Support Specialist for our offices in Vancouver and North Vancouver.
Looking for an experienced Desktop Support Specialist. The area of responsibilities are installation of computers, imaging, maintenance and support service for the entire enterprise end user computing in team environment as well as able to work independently. The successful candidate will work with service desk management team and system administrator. The Desktop Support Specialist will also be required to monitor technology trends and makes recommendations on incorporating new technology into the company’s existing platforms.
• Responsible for managing and administer of AD objects with regards to provisioning user, computer objects and Exchange mailbox, MDM, storage environment, as well as growth and performance management.
• Responsible for end user computing from end-to-end support including evaluation of hardware specification, recommendation, assist in purchasing and design solution for computer imaging.
• Responsibilities include procurement of computers, installation, configuration, shipping equipment to end users at remote site offices and update servicedesk tickets on daily basis
• Evaluate applications, software patches for desktop, installation of software, maintain asset & inventory management with tracking of service warranties, upgrades and writing computer installation procedures.
• Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of computers, future planning needs of the company’s desktop environment also maintain company’s boardrooms system resolve any connectivity issues of conference system
• Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate cost effective new technology and make recommendations to IT management.
• Consult with IT support and design departments to make sure that network expansion projects are in line with the company’s plans
• Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot end user desktops in windows environment work toward resolution with due diligent
• Examine, manage, and administer company’s cellular communication devices consult with service provider order phones, provision, record management and distribution.
• Manage projects computer configuration, record keeping liaison with project team for requirements of computer equipment.
• Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems, technologies, and products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
• Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and through remote in software.
• Able to communicate with senior management, self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Familiar with service management processes such as Incident, problem, and change management.
• Proven ability to offer high level desktop support in an enterprise environment
• MCDST certification is preferred.
S pecial Conditions
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to company’s resource requirements.
• A level or bachelor’s degree in computer studies or equivalent work experience with Microsoft or A+ certification preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in in similar role and IT systems.
• Experience in desktop end-to-end support and computer imaging is highly required.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Firewall, Access Point, VPN, network printers, installation of corporate software, security software, SCCM script, AD containers, GPO to map network resources.
• Good knowledge of scripting and CLI.
• 4 years’ experience required in management desktop computer, security, desktop backup using Veems desktop backup software monitor backup jobs on daily basis.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.