- Offer Detail
We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. www.acciona.caACCIONA is looking for an Engineering Manager in its Construction Division for a Canadian Project.
Amongst its main tasks:
- Managing the Engineering Department.
- Coordination with Design Team. Analysing and optimizing the design from the constructability point of view, ensuring
compliance with corporate and Client technical, health and safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Coordinating with the different Areas in the Project in order to ensure the Design Team and the Construction team
objectives are aligned.
- Managing the design, approval, supervision and inspection of the Temporary Works.
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members.
- Liaising with the Client / Project Verifier with regards to technical issues.
- Project scheduling and resource management for the Department.
- Contact Administration for the Department.
- High-level management of the CPS Team, planning and setting priorities to optimise resources, ensuring the RFIs and
NCRs are addressed, approved and closed-out in a timely manner.
- Managing variations from the technical point of view. Coordinate with the Contract Manager to raise issued that can be
- Monthly report and other internal reporting.
- Reviewing, approving and distributing End of Month quantities. Support the Construction team with the Earned Value
assessment. Tr acking all deviations from the cost baseline.
- Ensuring the Team follows the Deed and the requirements across project phases.
- Ensuring the Department program is followed and milestones are accomplished.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Civil Engineer.
- A minimum of 10-12 years of experience on similar projects.
- Advanced level of English.
- International experience will be positively taken into account.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.