We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA have invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.
This role is responsible for the overall delivery ACCIONA’s newest wind farm construction project from the late stage development phase through to construction start-up and hand over to Operations. This role will focus on the acting as ACCIONA’s representative in upstream agreements with investors, joint venture partners and other key external stakeholders. Reporting to the General Manager, Engineering & Construction, the role is based in Brisbane with frequent interstate travel. This is a three year fixed term contract.
The MacIntyre Wind Complex in Queensland will be ACCIONA's largest ever wind farm in Australia, with a total capacity of 1,026MW. The project will boost the Queensland government's decarbonisation strategy, mobilising total investments of AU$1.96 billion (€1 billion). The project is scheduled to begin construction in mid-2021 and the entire MacIntyre complex is scheduled to be fully operational in 2024. For more detailed information about the project, checkout the link below.
- Providing project management and delivery input into the late stage development activities, including; input into management plans, negotiations with key delivery partners and construction input into upstream agreements (JV’s, PPAs etc.);
- Report to Joint Venture partners and Owners Representatives, manage requirements from JV Partners and Owners;
- External Stakeholder Management including; State Government, AEMO, TNSPs etc;
- Assist with the selection of an integrated project management team;
- Leadership of safety in all project areas;
- Act as ACCIONA’s contract representative on critical upstream contracts;
- Manage project communications at all levels;
- Manage and report on project budgets and costs on a monthly basis.
- Provide input into the overall procurement strategy, including scheduling, packaging of work and tender processes;
- Overseeing the project team to ensure the tender process is followed;
- Completing tender assessments, leading contract negotiations and making recommendations for contract award;
- Ensuring contract award approval processes is adhered to.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Significant experience in Project Management, representing either the Principal or the EPC Contractor (must have wind farm project delivery experience in Australia).
- A demonstrated high level of commercial acumen, with a proven ability to navigate complex deal structures.
- Demonstrated capacity to work for a multitude of internal and external clients with conflicting interests and priorities.
- Demonstrated capacity to influence positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to present to and build strong working relationships C-Level Executives.
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent recognised qualification.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking; & make decisions within an intense construction environment.
More information about the project: https://www.acciona.com.au/news/acciona-to-build-a-1-026-mw-wind-farm-in-queensland
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.