We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Since establishing a presence in Australia in 2002, ACCIONA have invested more than AUD$1 billion through local investment opportunities and project development. As a national business ACCIONA employs more than 1,000 people in its renewable energy, infrastructure and water projects across the country.
This role is responsible the delivery of ACCIONA’s newest wind farm construction project from the late stage development phase, through construction stage and up to handover to Operations. Reporting to the Project Lead, the role will be based in Brisbane initially, transitioning to be site-based when construction commences in regional South East Queensland. This is a three year fixed term contract.
The MacIntyre Wind Complex in Queensland will be ACCIONA's largest ever wind farm in Australia, with a total capacity of 1,026MW. The project will boost the Queensland government's decarbonisation strategy, mobilising total investments of AU$1.96 billion (€1 billion). The project is scheduled to begin construction in mid-2021 and the entire MacIntyre complex is scheduled to be fully operational in 2024. For more detailed information about the project, checkout the link below.
- Leadership of safety in all project areas;
- Provide Project Management and delivery input into the late stage development, including assisting the preparation of final capital budgets and construction schedules, providing input into key subcontract scopes and contracts;
- Assisting with the selection of an integrated project management team;
- Providing leadership to the project management team, including development, performance management, mentoring;
- Developing and managing project communications at all levels;
- Developing a best practice approach to HSEQ compliance for all aspects of the project delivery.
- Ensuring that the project layout and design considers Energy Resources, Environmental, Cultural Heritage, Constructability, Planning Permit, Landowner and other requirements;
- Ensuring that best practice Safety In Design is undertaken by all relevant partners;
- Ensuring that the key project interfaces are properly documented and well managed to mitigate interface and gap risk;
- Managing and coordinating all the civil, structural and electrical disciplines of the project including WTG and Grid Connection elements with particular focus on the interfaces between them;
- Assist with raising Change Request in accordance with the defined process.
Procurement and commercials
- Assist in developing tender and contract documents and processes;
- Participate in contract negotiations and make recommendations for contract award;
- Assist with month-end claim processing including claim review, diligence and analysis.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Relevant experience in Wind Farm Project Management, either on the Client side of the EPC side (must have wind farm project delivery experience in Australia).
- Project Management qualifications (PMBOK) or equivalent.
- Experience working on large remote construction sites, managing multiple parties with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and lead project teams.
- A high level of interpersonal skills.
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent recognised qualification.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both autonomously and within the team environment; use initiative; solve problems through analytical thinking.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage relationships to ensure outcomes are achieved as harmoniously as possible.
- Flexible to travel interstate regularly and work onsite eventually.
More information about the project: https://www.acciona.com.au/news/acciona-to-build-a-1-026-mw-wind-farm-in-queensland
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.