We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Collaborate and provide support on projects carried out by his/her business unit/department, in keeping with the guidelines given by his/her supervisor, so that his/her work will enhance decision-making processes and processes involving the project’s execution and provide the internal client with added value through his/her professional performance.
Sub-function responsible for all tasks associated with procurement of goods and services for all types of commercial processes applicable to the organisation, including tasks of supply of products, selection of suppliers, negotiation of prices and processing of orders.
- Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, O&M, the Purchasing Specialist will be responsible to execute daily purchasing activities, per defined sourcing strategies for assigned equipment, components, and services. This may include purchase order generation, expediting efforts, preparation of RFQ documents, quotation analysis, and source recommendations. Additionally, this position will be responsible to establish requirements within the corporate ERP system and process related purchase orders for Corporate Requirements. Experience in procurement of mechanical or electrical components and related services strong plus.
- Execute daily purchase orders in support of assigned commodities / areas of responsibility, per defined corporate strategies.
- Process receipts against purchase orders in order to facilitate payments through accounting.
- Expedite purchases from suppliers for sites to minimize downtime and improve availability.
- Support the purchasing group in driving expectations to the Supply Base.
- Provide ongoing support to various functional areas, as it relates to purchasing or supply chain issues.
- Screen supplier capabilities including performing organizational, financial, and process capability assessments.
- Conduct rigorous RFQ processes including coordinating clarifications with engineering, analyzing quotation response, detailed cost analyses, and preparing sourcing recommendations.
- Gathering and reporting purchasing metrics in support of the overall supply chain metrics. Metrics may include purchase price variance by buyer/supplier/commodity, cost savings and supplier reduction/rationalization.
- Providing expertise to other functional areas to support cost/benefit analysis, including supplier expedite fees and freight expenses.
- Assist in the development and generation of detailed work instructions, procedures, and policies in support of the dynamic business model.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience required in Purchasing and Supply Chain management, in a tactical role. Preference for highly engineered components, capital equipment, and / or Aftermarket/ Post Sales Supply Chain efforts.
- Contract negotiations & procuring services experience highly desired.
- Strong mathematics aptitude and business acumen. Strong negotiations skills, and previous contract writing and analysis skills is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access.
- Proficiency with SAP MM is a strong plus.
- Strategic Sourcing experience including supplier qualification and development.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and focus on Customer Service.
- Strengths will include excellent organizational and communication skills. Demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must interact well in a team environment and demonstrate interpersonal relations by displaying a positive customer service attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.