We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Implement the assigned parts of the project within his/her unit/department, in keeping with established procedures, facilitating compliance with established deadlines and coordinating the necessary resources (human and material), so as to contribute to significantly improving the project.
Plant: To manage available means of production and to make the operational decisions necessary to guarantee optimum operations and maintenance of the assets under his/her responsibility, thus increasing the useful life of the assets to the greatest extent possible.
- Manage all employees and contractors assigned to work on the wind farm in a way that promotes a safe and efficient operation while maximizing the operational availability of the wind turbines
- Manage the training and the support for the Wind Turbines Technicians in a matter that facilitates troubleshooting, adjusting, repairing, and/or retrofitting of low to medium voltage electrical, mechanical or hydraulic components perform assembly, commissioning, testing, repair and maintenance on wind turbine generators, and related equipment on the wind farm
- Train and support Wind Turbine technicians in, or conduct predictive maintenance checks, such as Infrared Fault Detection Surveys, Corona Surveys, Ultrasonic Surveys
- Conduct and review safety analyses and reviews of potential electrical and mechanical hazards
- Manage the safety training of the wind farm personnel and monitor the use of appropriate safety gear, protective equipment, and control of energy sources to ensure work is performed in a safe manner
- Ensure safety and health requirements and ensure cleanliness of facility and equipment
- Be proficient at Root Cause Analyses to accurately determine failure mode and reason
- Supervise the inventory of tools, consumables and spare parts inventory
- Maintain required training certifications and qualifications for assigned position and each employee assigned to the wind farm
- Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records associated with corrective and preventive maintenance of wind turbines and associated equipment
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reports that pertain to the performance and operation of the wind farm
- Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation, records, and budgets; construct and revise budgets related to operations and maintenance functions
- Prepare annual budget for wind farm and develop monthly reports tracking operational cost
- Represent Acciona at all levels, including professional presentations to national trade groups
- Support and maintain local, public and landowner relations
- Address concerns at community, legislative, taxation, regulatory, and tribal bodies
Required Skills and Competencies
- 2 or 4 year technical degree or equivalent work experience and training
- 2 - 5 years in a leadership position and five years experience O&M in an energy environment, renewable technology a plus
- Be able to work independently, demonstrate strong leadership skills, and have experience supervising a team
- Able to plan, direct and/or perform switching and lock-out/ tag-out functions on all wind farm related equipment
- Ensure that all work performed at wind farms conform to applicable regulatory and environmental standards
- Ability to continuously monitor wind farm performance and reliability
- Able to be certified on low and medium voltage equipment
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Able to utilize J.D. Edwards and Maximo software systems
- Ability to generate reports, presentations and other documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work a flexible and changing schedule as require in order to meet operational needs including managing several crossing processes, different work teams and simultaneous demanding situations
- Ability to think and analyze situations in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments in adverse and extreme weather conditions, in dust, pollen, weeds, grasses, and in confined spaces
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb vertical ladders and work at heights of 300 feet
- Have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations for extended periods of time
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.