We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
ACCIONA for its Construction Business Line is looking for a H&S Manager to work for a Southeast Asian Project.
- Oversee, guide and actively support the development and implementation of an effective H&S Management system across the project.
- Ensures the H&S system is adequately communicated, maintained and compliant with the client requirements and all legal and regulatory legislation.
- Works with the client on H&S related matters and works collaboratively to build positive working relationships with project personnel and the client.
- Supervises and evaluates the H&S personnel and other staff professionals.
- Promotes achievement and performance throughout the project organization.
- Supports and develops the Plans for the Project Offices; directs and supervises their implementation.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Worksite Management Plan. Monitors the implementation and development of Management System and Health, Safety, and Environment Systems in Construction.
- Supervises and ensures proper administration and application of H&S System Documents; including oversight of project document management and control.
- Provides support in drafting H&S management plans; including, EPP’s, SMP’s, and ITPs, prior to construction start up.
- Setting compliance objectives and standards of service, and ensuring targets are achieved for all H&S functions.
- Coordinates activities required to meet and HSE standards: develop technical procedures, work instructions, inspection points programs, technical specification for procuring, material reception programs, etc.
- Works with commercial staff to establish and H&S requirements; set goals and follow up procedures.
- Assesses product / service specifications of suppliers and compares with customer and legal requirements (ensures compliance with standards and legislation).
- Analyses nonconformities and deviations from the system; establishes corrective preventive actions and checks for their effectiveness, monitoring and closure.
- Liaises with Project Team, Client, Regulatory Agencies, Consultants / Subcontractors and Suppliers to ensure the H&S management system is functioning properly, advises on changes and their implementation strategies.
- Provides training, tools, techniques to enable others to achieve standards and HSE requirements.
- Ensures tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated, and that product / service modifications are investigated when required.
- Conducts internal audits and works with the Procurement service or other external auditors.
- Follows up on the claim solving process.
- Conducts training sessions for the project staff.
- Monitors Customer satisfaction Surveys and analyses the data.
- Supports and develops an Annual Report of the Producer’s Waste and the Waste Reduction Plans.
- Collaborates in briefings –general training at different levels for the project on H&S related topics.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Applied Science or Engineering Field.
• Previous experience in, Health, Safety and Environment Roles, in Civil projects.
• 5 + years in a manager role.
• 10+ Years Construction Related Experience, in a H&S role for major projects.
• Previous experience on International projects .
• English Level C1
• Demonstrated experience with DOLE
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.