We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Implement the assigned parts of the project within his/her unit/department, in keeping with established procedures, facilitating compliance with established deadlines and coordinating the necessary resources (human and material), so as to contribute to significantly improving the project.
Construction of renewable facilities, national and international lines and substations when receiving projects from the Engineering Department and pursuant to the guidelines of the Management Plan, in the short term, and pursuant to the Strategic Plan in the medium and long term, in order to deliver optimally completed and operating facilities for their subsequent utilisation by the Operation and Maintenance Department.
- PV PROJECT MANAGER
- Management of renewable energy generation projects in excess of $100M in various stages of development from construction budget development and preliminary engineering through and including engineering design, construction and all activities leading to commercial operation.
- Lead Acciona project team on site consisting of Construction Manager and Construction Engineers.
- Serve as the owner’s Engineer with customers and contractors. Responsible for monitoring of construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements and good construction practices.
- Management of pay application approval process in accordance with the contractual terms including review and recommendation of change order approvals.
- Responsible for the Safety and Environmental compliance of the Acciona’s personnel and subcontractors during construction in accordance with federal, state and local laws, and Acciona policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements.
- Provide construction consulting support to the development team in several projects, including project estimate construction costs, schedule and basic engineering.
- Develop and present the projects construction budget. Identify cost reduction opportunities and track cost performance against budget.
- Manage processes and procedures to safely and effectively construct Acciona renewable generating facilities for “Best in Class Performance”.
- Support in the recruitment, hiring and training of Construction personnel
- Be proficient at Root Cause Analyses to accurately determine failure mode and reason. Identify and share lessons learned from projects to accurately improve overall project quality, schedule, cost and safety.
- Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records.
- Identify, develop and build relationships with 3rd party service providers.
- Facilitate the daily and produce the weekly and monthly reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent, registration as a P.E. is a plus.
- 5 - 7 years ‘experience in construction of energy or heavy industrial facilities. A concentration in renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete large scale utility or infrastructure projects.
- Able to perform technical and economic feasibility analysis.
- Experience with project management tools and systems (MS Project, Primavera), AutoCad a plus.
- Possess the ability to think and analyze situations and determine and implement effective resolutions in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to successfully interact with key executives, external and internal customers.
- Strengths will include excellent communications, organization, and positive leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel 25% – 50% of time to domestic and international locations.
- Posses a working understanding of cost accounting, budgeting and contract implementation.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations. Be an active role model and constant resource to the organization.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders up to 300 feet
- Able to work in an indoor or outdoor environment.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.