We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Independently perform complex operational tasks in his/her unit/department, in keeping with the instructions provided by his/her supervisor, in order to satisfy the project’s needs.
Production: Utilisation of the energy generation based on energies (according to technology), in accordance with its real situation, while maximizing the economic results over the project’s useful life and ensuring operation of these under optimum safety conditions for persons and facilities while conserving the environment.
- Perform assembly, commissioning, testing, repair and maintenance on wind turbine generators and related equipment at wind farm
- Conduct and review safety analyses of potential electrical and mechanical hazards in the wind turbines, switch room, and the O&M building
- Support Root Cause Analyses to assist in determining equipment failure and the reasons for failures when they occur
- Complete required and accurate documentation associated with corrective and preventive maintenance of wind turbines and associated equipment; maintain records of documentation
- Troubleshoot, adjust, repair, and/or retrofit low to medium voltage electrical, mechanical or hydraulic components and equipment associated with wind turbines and the wind farm
- Perform preventative maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner on wind turbines and associated equipment located on the wind farm
- Utilize appropriate safety gear, protective equipment, and control or dissipation of energy sources to ensure work is performed in safe manner
- Conduct safety analysis and review of hazards and energy sources prior to and while performing any work assignment on the wind farm
- Properly maintain tools and equipment used to perform assigned maintenance assignments
- Maintain required training certifications and qualifications as to enable personnel to safely perform work related tasks in a quality matter
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies
- Requires a high school education or equivalent, college degree a plus
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations for work and/or training for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to work overtime and rotating shifts as required
- Previous experience working with hand tools and power tools
- Able to work independently in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb vertical ladders and work at heights of 300 feet
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments, and in adverse and extreme weather conditions, in dust, pollen, weeds, grasses, and in confined spaces
- Ability to be certified and work with both medium and high voltage equipment
- Maintain required training certifications
- Have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to safely travel to the wind farm within 45 minutes in the event of an emergency
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.