We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Mission: Legal support to all departments of Group’s companies in Ukraine.
- Advising senior management of the Group regarding all legal, regulatory and corporate matters.
- Responsible for corporate and secretarial matters related to Ukrainian companies of the Group including but not limited to drafting and finalising board and GMP minutes, coordinating for execution of the same, and maintenance of secretarial records.
- Drafting, negotiating and finalising contracts including for the development, construction and operation phases of renewable energy generation facilities (wind, photovoltaic and others). This shall include land lease agreements, servitude agreements, equipment supply contracts, construction contracts, EPC contracts, O&M contracts, financing contracts, intra-group contracts, other general contracts, etc. In this regard, coordination with other teams within the Group, external legal counsel and counterparties will form part of the scope.
- Participation in M&A deals and due diligence processes, preparation of investment reports (analyzing legal risks and contingencies), preparation of non-binding offers, binding offers, shares or assets sale and purchase agreements and shareholder agreements and monitoring of transactions including tracking of completion of conditions precedent, closing and post-closing actions.
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing project financing and related agreements (including creation of mortgage, pledge and other charges over project assets) and coordination with internal teams as well as external lenders for the same.
- Support in legal matters arising during the performance and/or enforcement of obligations under the aforementioned contracts and in connection with issues that may arise in connection with their performance (or breaches).
- Management of litigations and pre-contentious matters.
- Monitoring of regulatory matters in connection with renewable energy projects and corporate matters and follow up and reporting to legal department in Spain of significant regulatory changes.
- Support and follow up of legal issues arising out of execution and performance of power purchase agreements and legal support for future amendments.
- Support in legal aspects arising out of auction processes for sale of energy.
- Coordination of matters with external lawyers.
- Permanent reporting to legal department in Spain: maintain periodical meetings and permanent updating of legal department, reporting and information tools and processes.
Required Skills and Competencies
Degree/Training: Graduate with a Ukrainian law degree.
Additional Training: Master or postgraduate education (for instance an LLM) and certification evidencing proficiency in English. Postgraduate studies and/or experience in the area of energy, natural resources or projects will be positively valued.
Responsible, organized, proactive, willing to work within a team in a multinational group of companies, with initiative and enthusiasm. Willingness to learn, be flexible and be business oriented while effectively safeguarding legal interests. Proficient in legal drafting including drafting of simple and complex contracts in English and Ukrainian. Ability of identify and evaluate legal issues, design execution plans in consultation with the management team and legal department in Spain, and bring assignments to closure in a timely and efficient manner. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team as needed.
Languages/Level: Ukrainian (native speaker) and English (excellent).
Years/Areas experience required:
Minimum experience of 5 years as a lawyer providing legal advice in an international multidisciplinary law firm in Ukraine, ideally in the area of energy and large projects or multinational company in Ukraine with similar area of expertise. Essential knowledge and experience of/in commercial, corporate and general contract law (civil, commercial). It is advisable to have knowledge and experience in administrative law.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.