We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
Collaborate and provide support on projects carried out by his/her unit/department, in keeping with the instructions given by his/her supervisor, performing the tasks delegated to him/her and learning the basic techniques of his/her field of activity.
Operation: Responsible for coordinating activities and performance of the plant during his/her shift, in matters of production, safety of equipment and persons, implementation of working procedures, drawing up of reports, analysis of incidents, etc.
- Conduct data analysis (e.g. prices, production, day ahead, real time) and statistical modeling (e.g. power prices, system demand, wind production, and event probabilities).
- Suggest bidding strategies for projects based on analysis.
- Control unit bids on a daily basis.
- Look at project basis risk and suggest operational/hedging strategies to mitigate exposure.
- Work on all QSE related issues in ERCOT.
- Understand capacity markets and sales of capacity.
- Assist with physically moving power between balancing authorities.
- Support back-office function regarding third party physical and financial contracts as well as back-office validation and reconciliation of all transactions.
- Evaluate future trends in the REC market and developing ways to extract maximum value.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience with computer programming, data analysis, and optimization.
- Ability to independently research and understand market rules, contracts, and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- Experience as a system operator is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.